- My wife. I met Ashley shortly after the planes hit on 9/11/2011. She was reading her Bible calmly from 2 Corinthians 4.
- My 3 Lipscomb University classmates. (Michael, Jon, & Paul) They shoved life aside to drive supplies, money, and aid together with me to the Pentagon & Manhattan Island.
- The Military Police and his assault rifle. He made it clear that we were not to pray on the Pentagon lawn at 1am Thursday morning.
- The Franciscan monks who prayed for us before we entered the gates to Ground Zero.
- The elders of Manhattan Church of Christ who let us sleep on their floor.
- The K9 units who worked tirelessly to find survivors. I wrote a short article on them here in 2015.
Today I returned to the hope that is in the passage Ashley read to me on 9/11. May it also cause you to hope in Christ as you read it.
"We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; 9 persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; 10 always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies." - 2 Corinthians 4:8-10
I remember on 9/11 the way Christ was manifested in so many bodies of those who loved God and loved their neighbor. What do you remember?